Latest Information on the Rail Trail project-
Tues. April 9, 2019 at Lynnfield High School, 7am-8pm
Are you in favor of the Town of Lynnfield continuing to pursue efforts to develop a recreational path along the unused MBTA right-of-way, known as the Wakefield-Lynnfield rail trail project?
March 19, 2019 .Meeting at LMS auditorium starts at 6:30 p.m.
1. Funding for 100 percent of the updated construction cost will be met by Federal and State sources. Funding may also be available earlier than the planned 2020/2021 date.
2. Screening for abutters is covered in the cost of construction. The State is very amenable to requests from each abutter.
3. The environmental parameters for Reedy Meadow apparently do not pose a problem using a raised boardwalk to cross the meadow.
Hear Lynnfield Resident and abutter to the proposed Rail Trail ,Tom Grilk, talk about why he welcomes the Rail Trail behind his backyard.
- 5 min video.( A segment of the Lynnfield Rail Trail Forum- March 2017).
Safer, Healthier, Four Season Recreation
and a BOOST to all home values in town!
- see tab at top ( Positive Effect on RE Values)
Sign up for the E blast
Send an email to : info@LynnfieldRailTrail.org
It's all about fun and recreation...close to home.
IMPORTANT - 10 KEY FACTS - March 2019
Read the latest update on Key Facts regarding the
Wakefield- Lynnfield Rail Trail project by the Recreational Path Committee. Click button below,
look to left side of page and click on the March 2019 Update. This is the Selectman appointed, 9 person Committee, that has studied and been reporting to the Selectman on the key elements of this specific project for over 2 years. The original committee was established approximately 15 years ago.
Costs, Environmental, Parking, Abutter screening, Real Estate values,
Safety ( Chief of Police Breen statement), Rail Bed Lease.
Friends of the Lynnfield Rail Trail, Inc.
a Non-Profit Organization to help this initiative become a reality.
Tax-exempt under IRC Section 501 (c) (3).
Donations are tax deductible.
Click here: http://www.lynnfieldrailtrail.org/donate.html
Help us make Lynnfield a safer & healthier community for all ages and abilities!
-advocating for the Wakefield-Lynnfield Rail Trail project.
Lynnfield Rail Trail
Incredible aerial video of Reedy Meadow